Dienstag, 9. August 2016

Time-Traveling - it´s possible!


source: Wikipedia


Until now I thought that time traveling is impossible. But I am smarter now, because when I will leave Munich on August 24th, 2016 (stop-over in Istanbul), I will arrive in Teheran one day later, but it will officially be June 4th 1395 (Shahriwar 4th).

So I will time-travel mere 600 years back into the past. How is that possible?
 
The chronology of the Iranian calendar begins with the migration of the Prophet Muhammad from Mecca to Medina.

The first day of the new year of the Iranian calendar is determined by the astronomical beginning of spring. Therefore the Iranian New Year regularly begins on March 21st, except when there is a Gregorian leap-year, then the beginning is on March 20th, just like this year.

The beginning of the New Year in Iran was Farvardin 1st 1395 and that´s how I will touch base here in the year 1395.

The year also has 12 months and the designated names of these months in Iran have remained unchanged since about 3000 years.

Now we have the month Shahriwar (=August), the name of September is "Mehr", October is "Aban" and in November "Azar" I will depart to Thailand.

Just a few words about Teheran, my first destination:

The city of Teheran has a population of around 9 million people and 15 million in the wider metropolitan area. Teheran is the largest city and urban area of Iran, the 2nd-largest in Western Asia and the 3rd-largest in the Middle East.

Located south of the Elburs-Mountains and the Caspian Sea, Teheran is located on 1191 meters above sea-level. In the north the slopes of the 3975 meter high Tochal border the city.

The metropolitan area spans 50 kilometers in each direction and I really wonder, how to leave this big city-Monster with my bike.


And by the way, it´s not just 600 years back, but also +2,5 hours.
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen