Freitag, 12. August 2016

Message from www.anja=stupido.de

How stupid can I be? That´s what I am asking myself today...
 
I have booked a lot of business trips for my boss and filled in several visa-applications, but I am not able to get it done when it comes to my own stuff.

 
I have the following problem now: this morning (August 11) my return envelope was in my mailbox and I was very happy thinking that my visa has arrived very quick. But it was not my passport with the visa inside, but a note saying, that with my reference-number I have to go to the consulate in Frankfurt, not to the one in Munich.
 
What happened?
 
To apply for a visa you need a reference-number (similar to an invitation letter). If you travel to Iran with a tour operator, your travel agency takes care about the formalities. In my case I had to apply for the reference-number at an online-service. They get the number from the Iranian Department of Interior. On time I had applied for it and a week ago I got the number.
 
The application-form was filled in online, I already had pictures done and so I sent everything to the consulate in Munich. Well, I forgot, that I had applied for a reference-number for the consulate in Frankfurt. What I had in mind that day - I don´t know.
 
This morning I have called the Visa-Service in Munich, but it would take too long to get a new reference-number for Munich. So I have sent all the forms and my passport to the Visa-Service in Frankfurt. With express mail it will arrive tomorrow (Friday, August 12). Luckily there is no  holiday in Frankfurt on monday (in Munich there is). I have submitted an urgent application, so to get the Visum it will take max. 6 days. The whole thing has to get back to me again (you can send it with DHL Overnight carrier), so if I am lucky it should work out. Worst case I have to drive to Frankfurt and pick it up there.
 
Stupid, because I have to bring my rental car back on August 23.
 
Even more stupid, that from August 23 on my mail will be delivered to Martin in Herrsching, which will delay the whole thing for another day. So I have to change that delivery-order to August 25.
 
And who´s fault is all this bullshit? Just my own. I should have just stopped and think about the whole thing for one second and everything would have been fine.
 
I already have enough excitement, and now this! Please keep your fingers crossed, that I get my visa on time.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen