Montag, 1. August 2016

Route planning

Since many of you have asked, how my route through Iran looks like, I decided to post an additional blog for you.
 
To make it short and whether you believe it or not, I really still have no concrete planning. I would have, if I´d have time for half a year. With my first planning I ended up with nearly 7,000 km. Divided by 3 months I would have to do 80 km per day and still would have not visited any historical sites. That does not work for me and is not my idea of a sabbatical.

The yellow stars are all UNESCO-Heritage sites, which I would love to see.

that´s how my first plan ended up

Therefore, I have currently planned only the first 2-4 weeks. First, I will stay for about a week in Tehran. From there I want to bike upon adventurous shepherd paths (where I probably push my bike more than I drive) through the mountains to Damavand. Some of you, if looking on the map, might wonder: " Why does she not take the main road from Tehran? " On this road, the so-called Haraz Road there are deadly accidents every day. And those are people who go there by car and not by bike. A view of the route via Google Earth showed me that this is a 6-lane, busy, highway-like road. No thanks! I do not want to end up driven down by a car at the very beginning of my tour.

After climbing the Damavand - not sure if I can make it - I'm on some backcountry roads  to the Caspian Sea (here it is important to avoid the Haraz Road again, which is the main road between Tehran and Caspian Sea). On the Caspian Sea I will ride about 800 km to Mashad. That´s everything I have planned right now. Anyway, I would like to ride through the desert to Yazd. "Desert" is somewhat exaggerated in this case, because there are some small towns on the way where you can get water and food. How I continue onward or if I skip the desert tour, simply depends on many things.
 
Therefore, for you it means, wait patiently  and read my blogs.
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen