Montag, 29. August 2016

DAMAVAND


 
I want to make it a bit exciting for you, because even I do not know whether I will really manage to climb this mountain. Therefore, before I start and give you my travel-report,  a few key points for you:

Damavand with its 5604 meters above sealevel is the highest mountain of Iran. Translated it means "Frosty Mountain".
 
It´s a slightly fuming volcanic cone, which is located about 70 km northeast of Tehran. It is also one of the highest freestanding mountains in the world .

Of course there are some myths and legends about this mountain. For example, in Zoroastrian scripts the three-headed dragon Azhi Dahaka was chained to the mountain, where he must remain until the end of time.

Even the famous poet Ferdowsi wrote in his Persian "Book of Kings" about Fereydun which freed Iran of the millennial reign of Zahak and pins him to a rock wall of Damavand
 
Until BaseCamp I (located at 2270 metres) I am sure I can bike, up to BaseCamp II (located at 3040 metres) it might be possible to bike or push the bike :-).
 
Then you need to hike by foot to BaseCamp III (located at 4420 metres). The climb to the summit on 5604 metres has to be in one day, which means 1400 height meter up and 1400 height meter down. 
 
The danger here is not the difficulty of climbing the mountain, because it´s not a technically difficult mountain. The problem is the height of the mountain. I, myself have never been higher than on 3800 meters (Teide).

Be surprised, what will happen next...





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen