Freitag, 8. Juli 2016

Technical problems




Today my blog is about the problems and questions I had concerning my technical equipment. 

Finally I decided to take an iPad with me. In early 2016 Yello-electricity has advertised, that if you change your electricity to  Yello you get an iPad Air2 for free. Since Yello was even cheaper than my former provider, I quickly changed providers.

Just awesome! So I've already solved my problem with the laptop. An external keyboard and I am ready to write my journey reports while I´m travelling.

I decided for an external keyboard from  Logitech
. It´s small, handy, super light and it´s also very good to type on it. You have to get used to the keyboard first, because the keys are slightly closer together than on a normal keyboard, but after some pages of typing it works great. It runs via Bluetooth coupled to the ipad and I'm curious how long the battery will last.

In addition I have bought a drop-protected cover for the iPad. The cover is from Thule, you can bend the cover with the iPad on it to different angles, depending on the light. Now I only need a dust-proof thin shell to put it in. I bought a cover made of felt. If I insert it between some clothes or a sleeping bag, nothing can happen. It is even big enough to put in my Kindle reader and my smartphone.

Quelle: Wikipedia (License)


My new camera is a Canon EOS 6D with two lenses (24-70mm and 70-200mm). I added the necessary Pol- and UV-Filter  and five batteries. Bargaining was simply not possible, since Canon has too little price margins on their products. Well, for the filter I got a 20% discount and the lens hoods were coming with the lenses anyway.
Accidentally I left the camera on for two days now and already the first battery is empty. While on tour I have to remind myself to turn off the camera, as I have planned with only five batteries. 

In addition, I bought an adapter cable for transferring the pictures I like to have in my blog from the camera to the iPad. It will just work for the blog because the iPad has only 16 GB.

But the Internet in Iran is supposed to be a litte lame and it will maybe take too much time to upload it to the cloud or dropbox. I need to take enough memory cards with me. But I am not quite sure how much I need during a 6 months vacation.  The pictures with the new camera are quite large with 4-6 MB. I have bought four  64 GB- and two 32 GB-cards. In addition a case, where the memory cards are kept water- and dustproofed.

I also needed a new handlebar bag for my camera equipment, because the new one would not fit in the old bag. The equipent is heavier also, but for good pictures nothing´s too heavy. 

There is still missing a  sturdy tripod and a remote trigger, so I can always take nice pictures of me on the bike and don´t have to get in position within 10 seconds (self-timer).                                          

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen