Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2016

How do I dress in Iran?

no, that´s not me

 
I have already been addressed by many of you and asked if I have to completely veil myself in Iran and bike with the Tchador or with a Burka through the country.
 
Which is of course not the case. You should dress with something that is not too tight and people can not see your figure. Your butt should be covered with a long blouse. I decided to wear a wide and  light trekking pant and blouses which are long enough to cover my butt even when sitting on the bike.
 
A Tschador (for which I take a bedsheet) I will take with me for visiting the mosques. 

Below you can view the different forms of existing veils. In Iran you will seldom see the Burka, maybe very religious people wear it or if they are visiting a holy mosque or shrine. Only the Hijab is demanded by the state in Iran.
 



In all cases I need something to cover my head, since the hear has to be hidden at all times. I could solve it with a pirate-headscarf or a cap, but then there is the problem, that the neck can be seen. Throat, neck and cleavage are not supposed to be seen, also the ankles of feet and arms should be covered. That´s why I will wear a Hijab, a headscarf which is long enough to wrap it around the neck.

I think that in cities like Teheran, Isfahan, Shiraz the Hijab is going to slide backwards more and more. I discovered this very modern dressed woman on a page called "the rich kids of Teheran":
 



And this is my outfit for my Iran-Visum (the photographer and my had a lot of fun with this fotoshooting):


 
if not for my eyecolor I could pass for a local woman, what do you think?
 
Keep your fingers crossed, that I get a Visum for 3 months right away. Maybe I can convince the officer at the embassy, that I need more time, for exploring their beautiful country by bike.
 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen